Chelsea Wolfe - Trailer II “Lone”, a film by Mark Pellington
Heavenly Beat, Complete
The Snow “Memory Loss”
The Snow is a Captured Tracks supergroup featuring Beach Fossils’ Dustin Payseur, Wild Nothing’s Jack Tatum, and Holograms’ Andreas Lagerström. Their single, which is to be released on Record Store Day, is dark and dreamy (and very 80s indebted)- basically exactly what you’d expect from a combination of Captured Tracks’ best acts.
I can’t decide if I’m surprised this collaboration exists or just surprised that it didn’t happen sooner, but really I don’t care. It’s excellent either way. Might have to try and get a hold of one of these 7” on Record Store Day.
My RSD14 Wishlist:
- Mazzy Star - I’m Less Here 7” (coke bottle clear, /3000)
- Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea 7” (/6000)
- of Montreal - Jigsaw Puzzle 7” (light green, /1500)
- The Snow - Memory Loss 7”
- BadBadNotGood - III 12”
- Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Dap-Dippin’ With… (remastered, /1200 on clear blue vinyl)
- MGMT - Congratulations (repress, numbered /4000)
- of Montreal - Satanic Panic In The Attic (10 year anniversary edition, Yellow/Blue vinyl, 7 bonus tracks, /2000)
- Thee Oh Sees - Drop
- Pinback - Pinback (clear, /2000)
- Various Artists - In Utero, In Tribute, In Entirety (Nirvana tribute on Robotic Empire featuring Circa Survive, Thurdsay, Ceremony, These Arms are Snakes, Daughters, Whirr, Young Widows, Jay Reatard and more)
- Danny Brown - Hot Soup 2xLP + 7”
- True Widow - True Widow (Cream colored, /340)
Thee Oh Sees have announced, despite their hiatus, that they have a new album in the works. Drop will be released on Record Store Day (April 19th) via front-man John Dwyer’s Castle Face Records. The cover artwork, which you can see above, was designed by Austin’s Jonny Negron. The LP was recorded in a banana ripening warehouse and features Chris Woodhouse on drums as well as the talents of Mikal Cronin, Greer McGettrick and others.
GOD DAMN IT RECORD STORE DAY 2014 IS GOING TO TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY
And another sweet tune! I love this one by Of Montreal. I haven’t had a close relationship with any of their records since “Hissing Fauna”.